Friday

6 Months


I am a month and a half late posting this update, but school started a few days after his 6 month check-up. I've been super busy and got completely wrapped up in school. It's been hard trying to balance time between taking care of my little bean and trying to study. The first month was hard, but I'm slowly figuring out what works and what certainly doesn't. 

This month was full of wonders. He started eating puffs and drinking apple juice from a sippy cup! And most exciting of all, he has taught himself how to sit all on his own! He looks like such a big boy now when he sits up to play with his toys. Not much progress has been made in the crawling department, though. He still tries his hardest, even though he just scoots from place to place. He usually scoots a few inches and falls on his belly and has to start all over again. The main thing he has to figure out is how to keep himself up while crawling, but I think that has a lot to do with having the upper body strength in his arms to be able to support his own body weight. He learns quickly though, so I'm looking forward to him learning this trick!

Sleeping patterns: He is still sleeping about 8-9 hours a night, which is fabulous, waking up around 7-8am for his first bottle of the day. I feel incredibly blessed that he sleeps through the night, but I kind of feel like I'm cheating because we "bed share." I kind of feel deep down that if he were to sleep in his own crib at night, he wouldn't sleep all the way through.

Eating habits: He is eating 6 ounces 6-7 times a day. He gets a 6 ounce bottle first thing in the morning. I try and give him solids twice a day - once at lunch and again for supper. Most of the time he only gets solids once a day though and sometimes not at all. Our pediatrician said that we could start Gerber Puffs around seven months, but I really felt like he was ready for them now, so he's been getting a snack with puffs and apple juice between naps. I also started him on a sippy cup! He's not so sure about it just yet, but he's trying.

Accomplishments: Aiden is still scooting as much as possible, but the new trick he has learned this month was sitting up all on his own a few days before he turned 6 months old! He can push himself up to sitting from the crawling position. He's turning into such a big boy. Make time stop please! He also said mama and dada!

Places I went:  Mainly just outings to the grocery store, running errands, and a few trips out to eat. Nothing too exciting here.

Special memories: Capturing a video of my boy sitting up for the very first time, without propping up with his hands! It made me such a proud mommy!

Likes: Eating puffs and apple juice, cuddles, babbling, chasing after the puppies, interacting with any and everyone, sitting up to play with his toys!

Dislikes: He hates it when you set him down somewhere and you walk away. He hates lying on his back and will roll over to his belly so he can sit up any chance he gets. 

The wellness visit this month went really well. I wasn't able to stay for his shots, but his daddy was there and he told me that Aiden only cried for a minute or two after his shots. He got four shots and an oral vaccine. The Tdap vaccine isn't available due to a shortage so, we have him the flu shot instead. The good news is that we don't have to go back until he is ready for his 9 month wellness visit! I think I am most excited for his to not have to get shots for 3 whole months! 

>>>>> 6 Months <<<<<
09.01.13
Height - 28 inches long
Weight - 16lbs 15oz




We almost forgot to take his 6 month picture this month, and it got late in the day. We had to make do with the ceiling fan light and trying our best to get him to smile. He looks like he is missing a foot and the glare on his sticker looks ridiculous, but he is smiling and that's all that matters to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment