Monday

What I Do

Let me start off with an apology to all of my devoted followers. I am so terribly sorry that I did not participate in Day 5 of Blog Every Day in May. My husband and I were mega exhausted! All day long I felt like I needed toothpicks hold my eyelids open. Day 5 was meant to profess the love of a blogging friend. I have a few blogging friends, but I don't know enough about them to publicly profess my love for them. I was really excited to get to brag about my best friend, but since I missed it, I'll have to write about her one day and give her a special post dedicated to her amazingness.

Ok, so now on to Day 6!

"...Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do?'..."

What do I do?

I have a job. The most complex job there is on the planet. First and foremost, I am a wife. Dictionary.com defines it as "a married woman, especially when considered in relation to her partner in marriage." I love being a wife to my husband, Adam. I love taking care of him. I like to think we work really well together, on most days at least. Just kidding. We value each other's opinions and take the other's feelings into consideration. I love working with him to make decisions and figuring out this crazy thing we call life. It's hard work, but I love the woman it has made me out to be.

Just a short 2 months ago, I became a mother to a beautiful baby boy, Aiden. He is the light of my world and I honestly don't know how I have made it this far in life without him. He makes my days so much brighter. Being a mom is a full time job. You don't get days off. You don't get vacation time to cash in for a one week trip to the beach with your besties. Being a mom is a tough, but I wouldn't trade it for all of the money in the world. It's simply the biggest reward you could ever get.

We've finally fallen into somewhat of a little routine lately. Some days are a little more rough than others, but we always make it through. Aiden doesn't have a set wake up time, but we always start our day by sending Adam off to work. I hate this part, because I would much rather just stay in bed and cuddle the day away with my two boys. Then the rest of our day consists of eating and sleeping for the both of us. We waste time by cuddling and playing, and counting down the minutes until Adam gets home. Adam always calls me when he is headed home and this is the part I look forward to the most. I know that we don't have to wait much longer to see him! When Adam gets home from work, we take turns watching Aiden and working out. Then we shower and eat supper and crawl into bed for quiet time. I spend every minute I can with Adam because I don't get to see him much as of now. He sleeps when he can and so do I. I know that as Aiden gets older, our schedule will get a lot easier. But right now, this is life as we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment