Friday

Five Things Friday

More randoms for you on this beautiful Friday!

1. I'm supposed to be packing and cleaning, but I'm trying to squeeze this post in before I leave on our trip back to our hometown for the weekend. I know if I wait to do it when I get there, it will be too late. And more than likely I'll forget all about it once I start socializing with my family. Yet, somehow Aiden knows the second I sit down to type something. You don't get the free time like you used to get before a baby. He quite literally takes up all of my time! I do feel a little accomplished though. My bag is still half packed from our trip last weekend and I started a load of clothes in the washer. Go me!

2. Aiden is 12 weeks old today! He talks to me almost non-stop and he's awake a lot more. I'm afraid he's teething though. He's a lot more whiny, he drools so much, and he almost always has his fist in his mouth chewing away. He's driving me crazy. He better be glad I love him so much! He's gotten pretty spoiled though, he hates laying in his pack 'n' play by himself. I blame myself for this one since I co-sleep. I spoil him rotten, but I tell myself it's okay because he won't be a baby for long and there will come a time when he won't want to cuddle with me. So, I'm soaking it all up now.

3. Anyone want a free cat? Not really, I do love her. Most days at least - when she isn't pooping and peeing right outside of her litter box. I really don't understand it at all! We upgraded her litter box and got her a larger one. She has this thing where she gets right up to the edge and does her business, and then BAM! it falls on the floor. Seriously? I'm pretty sure if I bought her a sandbox that covered an acre she would still go right up to the edge and poop right over the side of it. 

4. My dogs are getting on my nerves too - two miniature Yorkshire terriers that have a mind of their own. They are potty trained for the most part; and by that I mean they know what "go peepee" or "go outside" means and they get excited when they go outside. This however does not stop them from going in the house. It's quite literally like watching a baby that has just learned to walk. You have to make sure they don't get into anything, or pee on something or chew on something. It gets really old. Add in a twelve week old baby and I get so exhausted. I feel bad because I never have time for them. We don't have a fence in our yard, so it's not like I can let them outside for the whole day. I'm almost ready to put doggy diapers on them and tell them to deal. Once they go to doggy heaven, I don't plan on getting any more inside pets for a long while. 

5. I'm making really good progress with my weight loss! I have been stuck at a certain weight (no, I'm not telling you) for the longest time. Changing my eating habits alone wasn't helping take the extra baby weight off, so I decided to try Insanity again. That was way too hard on my body since I had only had the baby in March. My husband got Hip Hop Abs for me for my birthday! I'll finish my second week on Saturday. I love this workout because I still get a good workout in, but its not as intense as Insanity. A few weeks ago Adam got a stationary work out bike from his boss for free! I try to fit in ten miles when I can and I think that gives my body just the right amount of "push" it needs to take more of the weight off. A couple of days ago I found a 30 day squat challenge and I started it yesterday. You start at 50 squats on day one and end up doing 250 by day thirty. I'm starting to feel so much better about myself and I'm slowly getting my confidence back. I can't wait to post my one month results!

Happy Friday, y'all! I hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day weekend, and remember it's not just about BBQ's and partying! Remember our troops that fight for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment