Friday

So far...

October 19, 2012

I haven't done a nursery update yet, but I wanted to just kind of fill in the blanks as to what I have already.

Some of the things I have includes:
  • crib
  • crib mattress
  • changing table
  • changing pad
  • baby monitor
  • a baby blanket
  • a couple of outfits
  • carpet for the middle of the room
  • hanging closet organizer
  • baskets for the changing table
  • 1 package newborn diapers
  • 1 package size 1 diapers
  • 1 set of bedtime shampoo and lotion
  • a toy set
A list of things I still need:
  • stroller
  • carseat
  • play pen
  • baby bedding
  • bookshelves
  • dresser
  • curtains
  • clothes, socks, shoes, etc
  • baby bath tub
  • breast pump
  • other miscellaneous items
A lot of the items I still need I know are things people are wanting to buy for me. The major problem lies with me deciding on which specific stroller, carseat, dresser, etc I actually want. Then I have to decide who will get it for me. 

I have tons of nursery inspiration pictures I keep in mind, but none of them are really practical for what we have and can do in our house. We can't paint and we have vaulted ceilings so I am limited with what I can do and how I can decorate. I know I want to keep it minimalistic so that as the baby grows older, and he becomes interested in different things, it will be easier to redecorate in the long run. I did come up with a theme, though. I want to do a safari theme with more emphasis on monkeys. At first I didn't want to do a specific theme, but I can't find any plain colored crib bedding anywhere other than boutique websites. The baby won't sleep in the crib long enough for me to pay an arm and a leg for baby bedding. But I am super excited to start decorating once I get the rest of the furniture in the room. And I promise to take a picture once everything is finished! One thing I know for sure is that Aiden is going to be one spoiled little boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment