Monday

Rutabaga

December 29, 2012

**Side note here I am super late on posting my last few weeks worth of updates. I've been busy and completely forgot all about it honestly. I'll do my best to remember everything!

How far along are you? 27 weeks

Sleep? Nothing has changed much in this department - same as last week. I still sleep off and on. I get night sweats a lot lately and I still wake up every few hours to use the bathroom. And that's definitely not something I will miss after March 14.

Best moment? Being able to relax at home with no school to worry about and no job to go to.

Movement? Still active some days and quiet others.

Any food cravings/aversions? I'm still craving anything sweet and my food aversions change every day.

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? It's still an innie!!

What I miss? I miss sleeping on my back or tummy and taking a hot bubble bath.

Looking forward to anything? Nothing special. It's been a quiet week around our house.

Symptoms this week: My cold finally went away. My feet start hurting if I stand on them too long. And there were one or two days where I didn't feel good, thanks morning sickness.

Wedding rings? I'm wearing my engagement ring when I can remember to put it on when I leave the house.

Maternity clothes? I think I've been gaining more weight recently. I saved all of my "fat pants" and I've been able to wear a couple different pairs with my belly band. Still wearing regular shirts.

A picture of me at 27 weeks!



What TheBump says: At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it's amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity. You've got a lot on your brain, too, from wondering what labor and delivery is going to be like to trying to find the best pediatrician for baby. The annoying symptoms you've been having probably aren't going away, but at least you've probably found some ways to deal with them -- and hey, maybe you're used to them right now. As you say goodbye to the second trimester, you can look forward to some pretty embarrassing stuff (like having to pee all the time -- and maybe even when you don't mean to at all) that's all par for the late-pregnancy course. It's time to head down the home stretch. Are you ready? Your baby's the size of a rutabaga! At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter. She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs. It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment