Friday

Peach


September 26, 2012

How far along are you? 13 weeks

Sleep? comes and goes

Best moment? almost zero nausea!!

Movement? still no!

Any food cravings/aversions? It changes every day. I love candy.

Gender? Uknown.

Belly button? In

What I miss? being able to button my pants

Looking forward to anything? next week's appointment on September 19th

Symptoms this week: nausea almost completely gone and more cramping/stretching

Weight gain? the scale isn't my enemy, but I just never think to get on it and check my weight, I just really don't care. Not that I will let myself get Jessica Simpson big, but right now I'm not concerned and neither is my doctor.

Wedding rings? On

Maternity clothes? still haven't made that trip to get any. I still wear a lot of sweats

What TheBump says: Yay! It's the last week of the first trimester and you did it! We're not talking just getting through those work meetings without falling asleep (or puking!), we're talking about how you've completed 1/3 of your whole pregnancy -- and the reputed toughest one at that. You've grown a fetus that has vocal cords, teeth, and even fingerprints (wow!) and you probably kept this incredible news (mostly) secret while you constantly wished you could shout it from the rooftops -- or, at the very least, use it as an excuse for getting to work late. It's about this time that many parents-to-be start spreading the word (to more people than just close family and friends) that there's a baby on the way. But know that there are no hard or fast rules about when you should divulge your secret. It could be after your next prenatal doctor visit, once you start showing, or at a big family event where everyone will be gathered. Or maybe everyone already knows! That's totally your call. Your baby's the size of a peach! She's about 2.9 inches long and weighs about .81 ounces -- and proportion-wise -- her head's now about 1/3 the size of her body (remember? It used to be bigger!). Her intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their more permanent place, in her tummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment