Monday

Head of Lettuce

December 19, 2012

How far along are you? 26 weeks

Sleep? I still sleep off and on. I get night sweats a lot lately and I still wake up every few hours to use the bathroom. And that's definitely not something I will miss after March 14.

Best moment? Finished the Fall 2012 school semester! It was total hell and I'm beyond excited that it's over already. Although, I think that if I wasn't in school, my pregnancy would have just drug by. At least I had class to keep me preoccupied. But now that it's over and I don't have a job, I twiddle my thumbs all day and I can't stand it. I tried convincing my husband to let me apply for a job at a daycare, but he would rather me just relax before the baby gets here. That and he says I have plenty to do (as he names of a list that includes washing dishes, doing the laundry, etc.) I quickly reminded him that this is not Disney and I am NOT Cinderella.

Movement? He's definitely got a mind of his own on his own little schedule. He's still active some days and a little more quiet on others.

Any food cravings/aversions? I've been craving the crap out of some sweets lately! Mainly ice cream. Or cookies. But mainly ice cream. I threw a fit a few nights in a row because we had ZERO sweets in the house and Adam wouldn't take me to Dairy Queen or Sonic to get my fix. I finally broke down one day while I was sitting at the house bored and alone to get a Oreo Sonic Blast. Definitely hit the spot.

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? It's still an innie, and it really shocks me because I figured it would have popped a long time ago!

What I miss? I seriously miss being able to sleep on my tummy!

Looking forward to anything? Spending the weekend with my husband! He finally quit his second job, so it's just me, him, and our fur babies!

Symptoms this week: I came down with a cold (thanks hubby!) We could have sworn he had the flu. He went to the doctor and got a steroid shot and a z-pack. I had already gotten the flu shot at like my 22 week appointment so I thought I was safe. Well, come to find out, he didn't have the flu - just a really bad cold - and passed it straight on to me! I was miserable for a week. Pregnant women can not take cold/flu medicine. I bought saline drops for my nose and a Vicks warm steamer and that helped a lot.

Wedding rings? I can wear my engagement ring, but I can't wear my actual wedding band because it's a size smaller.

Maternity clothes? I tried maternity pants from Ross. That was a disaster. I tried the medium pants on thinking they looked big enough. I couldn't get them up my thighs. I tried on the large pants and they fit in the hips, but the crotch was a little baggy, and I didn't like the him at the feet. They looked like a cross between skinny jeans and boot cut and that wasn't going to work out for me. They fit really awkwardly over my shoes. I refuse to go to a maternity store and pay $30 for a pair of jeans. So, I'm still stuck wearing sweat pants or jeans with my belly band. And both are getting really uncomfortable because my ass is getting way too big. I might use some Christmas money to go get a pair. We shall see.

A picture of me at 26 weeks!



What TheBump says: Wow! Can you believe baby has eyelashes at 26 weeks? And she's amping up to start batting them soon. At this point, it probably feels like this baby (who you haven't even met yet) has taken over your life. She's interfering with your sleep. She's messing with your brain. (Forget much?) She might even be giving you a stress headache or two. It's normal to be experiencing some mild swelling, but around week 26, it's important to watch out for swelling severe or sudden -- it could be the sign of a dangerous condition called preeclampsia. Notice your belly occasionally feeling tight? That's a contraction. Yup, already. Don't freak out though -- your body is just practicing some tightening in preparation for labor. As long as the contractions aren't steady or severe, you're not in labor. Your baby's the size of a head of lettuce! She's still growing int he 13.6-14.8-inch and 1.5-2.5-pound range, and developing her senses, features and talents. Her eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open. And her eyelashes are now grown, too. She's getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies. She's taking breaths, too. They're of amniotic fluid, not air, but it's still good practice.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment