Monday

Cucumber

January 29, 2012

How far along are you? 30 weeks

Sleep? Still off and on.

Best worst moment? The heart doctor put me on a 30 day event monitor. It has 3 attachments. I can take it off for 15 minutes a day. Which means I can take a 10 minute shower or bath and spend the last 5 minutes drying off and hooking the monitor back up. For 30 days. This has taken away the one thing that gives me peace of mind. I love taking baths and showers. Now I can't enjoy them for the next month.

Movement? My little wiggle worm!

Any food cravings/aversions? I'm still craving anything sweet and my food aversions change every day.

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? It's still an innie!!

What I miss? Long bubble baths

Looking forward to anything? My 3D ultrasound!

Symptoms this week: Nausea, Braxton Hicks, constipation, peeing all the time, almost no sleep, hungry all of the time.

Wedding rings? No

Maternity clothes? belly band. Mostly pajamas now because I'm not going to school this semester.

A picture of me at 30 weeks.


What TheBump says: At 30 weeks pregnant, your belly's doing more than just making it tough to find a comfortable sleeping position. It's made itself a conversation piece. Everywhere you go, someone seems to have a comment about your physical appearance, which isn't always so fun. And no doubt,  you've encountered quite a few people who don't think before they speak and say something embarrassing or hurtful (what's up with that?) Try not to take those comments seriously, but know which ones should be taken to heart. Like when they tell you you're glowing, believe them! And take advantage of some of the perks (when someone offers you their seat on the train -- take it!) At week 30, your dreams might be getting even weirder --if you're actually sleeping, that is. That could be a result of anxiety, so consider doing some prep work to help you rest easier. One idea? Do a test drive to see exactly how long it really takes you to get to the hospital. The maybe you'll stop having nightmares about giving birth in your car. Your baby's the size of a cucumber. Your 15.2 to 16.7 inch, 2.5 to 3.8 pound baby continues to grow. His skin is getting smoother. But his brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue. He's now strong enough to grasp a finger!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment