Monday

Cauliflower

December 7, 2012

How far along are you? 25 weeks

Sleep? Getting a lot better. I've somehow managed to push past the pain in my shoulder. Either I've learned some amazing pain management skills or it's getting better. It still hurts though, but I think I just want sleep bad enough that I do my best to ignore it.

Best moment? Got to see my dad and my little sisters over the weekend. I love them so much! And they loved rubbing on my belly!

Movement? He definitely moves around in there, but he goes through these spells where he only moves a little.

Any food cravings/aversions? pizza, pizza rolls, toast and I'm sure there are other things I can't think of

Gender? BOY!!

Belly button? still an innie!

What I miss? My pre-baby body

Looking forward to anything? My final next week and this semester is over!

Symptoms this week: almost no morning sickness, headaches, but mainly lower back aches

Wedding rings? On

Maternity clothes? belly band and sweats, I really really want to get some actual maternity pants.

What TheBump says: You're 25 weeks pregnant and it's probably dawned on you that sson you'll actually have to deliver this baby. (A little scary, but exciting!) What's cool is that most hospitals will let you preregister, which means you can put in your paperwork early, so the day you go into labor, you don't have to stand around filling out a bunch of forms before you get admitted. Maybe you're getting nervous about delivery, or maybe it's your haywire hormones, but you might start to have trouble sleeping around week 25. This is a common complaint of many moms-to-be. Some people will tell you that's just your body's way of prepping you for sleepless nights with baby, but those comments won't help you get the rest you need! Experiment with different strategies for getting some sleep. One idea is to drink extra water early in the day, so you can start tapering off your intake as you get closer to bedtime. That way, you might need less bathroom breaks during the night and can keep sleeping. After all, now that baby's crowding your bladder, you've got to pee. A lot. Your baby's the size of an cauliflower. During month six, the average fetus measures about 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds. She's enjoying her new sense of equilibrium -- she now knows which way is up and which is down. She's growing more fat and more hair too!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment